Do you know a current high school junior who would be a good fit for Chicago Scholars? If so, we welcome you to nominate them to join our Class of 2029.
We know our youth within the city of Chicago have what it takes to go and be successful in college, and we want to help them get there and beyond.
To be a Chicago Scholar, we are looking for:
- Juniors in high school who will graduate in 2025.
- Students who live and attend high school in Chicago.
- Students who will be a first-generation college student (neither parent graduated from a four-year college in the US) and/or students who come from a low-income household
- Students who are academically ambitious, motivated, and believe in the possibility of their unique superpowers.
- Students who are demonstrated leaders in their schools, communities, or homes.
- Students who are committed to furthering their education and have a strong desire to attend a 4-year college.
- Mature students who can fully commit to a rigorous academic and leadership development program.
- Students with a minimum GPA of 3.0
*If the student you are nominating has an academic profile that does not meet these criteria and would like to apply, we will provide a space for the student to share more information about what circumstances may have impacted academic performance in the essay portion of the application.