Welcome to the Chicago Scholars online application! Congratulations on taking the first step towards joining a growing community of diverse student leaders hailing from every neighborhood in Chicago!
We look forward to getting to know you through this application. Before you begin this application process, you should know that Chicago Scholars is a seven-year college access, success, and leadership development program. This means that the group of students selected to join our program will receive guidance and support as they apply to college, while they attend college, and as they start their career paths. We connect our high school Scholars, college students, and alumni to valuable resources that help them navigate academic, professional, and social settings. We do this because we believe in our Scholars and their ability to make Chicago (and the world) a better place!
You should also know that Chicago Scholars has a set of six core values that guide all of our work:
We Embrace Our Differences. We Show Up. We Model the Way.
We Keep Our Word. We Care for Each Other Along the Way. We Dream Big.
Think you have what it takes to be a Chicago Scholar? Here is what we are looking for:
- Juniors in high school who will graduate in 2020
- Students who live in and attend high school in Chicago
- Students who will be a first-generation college student (neither parent graduated from a four-year college in the US) and/or students who come from an under-resourced community
- Students who are academically ambitious, motivated, and believe in the possibility of their unique superpowers
- Students who are demonstrated leaders in their schools, communities, or homes
- Students who are committed to furthering their education and have a strong desire to attend a four-year college
- Mature students who can fully commit to a rigorous academic and leadership development program
- Students with a minimum GPA of 3.0 and a minimum ACT score of 20 or PSAT score of 1020
*If you are a student with an academic profile that does not meet this criteria and would like to apply, please continue on with the application. There will be a space in the essay portion of this application that allows you to provide proof of an upward trajectory in your academic performance.*
In case you're wondering, you can save your work and return to your application at any time! However, please enter your email address carefully so you can resume where you left off.
Grab a snack and the following items to reference:
- Transcript or progress report
- Standardized test scores (PSAT, SAT, or ACT)
- Full name and email address of your high school counselor
- Full name and email address of one teacher, coach, employer, mentor, or counselor who will write you a recommendation letter
It's wonderful if you found your way here on a mobile device, but when you hit submit, please do so from a computer! If you do it from your phone, some of your information may not transfer to our records.
All applications must be received by Wednesday, February 13th, 2019 at 11:59 PM. Good luck!